The Rules of the Die Hard Drinking Game
Is it a Christmas movie? Who knows. But, Die Hard does make for an excellent drinking game. Before you start, everyone who doesn't know that Reginald VelJohnson (Sgt. Al Powell) also played Carl Winslow in Family Matters, take a drink. Ok, now you can play the Die Hard drinking game.
Actually, let's take a moment to feel sorry for Alan Rickman. His henchmen in Die Hard were at least more intelligent than his henchmen in Robin Hood. When he tells them to "shoot the glass", they understand. In Robin Hood, he has to explain to Guy of Gisborne, his cousin no less, that a spoon is dull and it would hurt more. Rickman is a first ballot entry into the Villain Hall of Fame.
Hold up, before we get started, hand out drinks to anyone who doesn't recognize Theo as Sundown in Top Gun and Uli as Genghis Khan in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure. We can't tell what Al Leong ravaged more, the Nakatomi building or Oshman's Sporting Goods.
Oh, one more thing, hand out a drink to anyone who doesn't know that, "Yippee Ki Yay, Mr. Falcon" is what they say in the television edit of the movie.
Take One Drink
- McClane smokes
- Sgt. Al Powell comes on the scene
- Argyle is busy not doing his job
- Any time McClane kills a bad guy
- Whenever Al refers to McClane as "Roy"
- When Christmas music plays
- When you hear someone swear
Take Two Drinks
- "Shoot the glass"
- The FBI cuts the power
- When Takagi is shot
- Someone other than McClane swears
Take Three Drinks
- The Nakatomi building blows up
- When the machine gun can no longer support his weight
- When Argyle busts up Theo
- "You asked for miracles, Theo, I give you the F.B.I."
Take Four Drinks
- Any time Holly helps John.
- When McClane is grousing in the airduct, "Come out to the coast, we'll get together, have a few laughs"
- When Al kills Karl
- "Yippee Ki Yay, Motherfucker"
Finish Your Drink
- "Now I have a machine gun. Ho-Ho-Ho."
- When a falling McClane catches the lip of the airduct.
Hand out drinks if you know how many members are in the New Provo Front (7) and Asian Dawn movement (9). Also hand out drinks if you know how many leaders of the Liberte de Quebec are imprisoned (5).